Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ILLicit

The underground economy is destroying the world. I never thought of something as small as a cheap LV handbag or some fake Gucci glasses could be a small art of such a big corruption machine but it is. I myself have never purchased anything knock off because everything that seems to be knock off doesn’t interest me but I have obtained other items such as intellectual property but I have never done this with an intent to hurt anyone, but I know it does. I have never really thought about how something so simple is so detrimental and basically stealing. Taking intellectual property is just like walking into an artist studio and pulling the painting right off the canvas and claiming it yours. I know that I will be creating a lot more digital content and as a matter of fact I know I have had some of my creating stolen or basically copied to be used my someone without any skill but It never bugged me before but now that I am getting more professional I know that my services and time are going to be what I use to feed my family and I just cant lose valuable intellectual property like I have before. I recently has a free lance job where I created tons of content for some people and I never thought about copy rights and protecting my creative property but I should have because they are gone and who knows where all the my art will end up or who will be the next person to bastardize my creations and claim it’s their original idea. It’s a good thing I never gave them anything good, but still weak. About the illicit market out there like the guy in the movie said “it’s like the wild west out there” and it’s true anything seems to be out there and it seems to be getting anywhere the people want it to be. The boats transporting fake prescription drugs and easily transport some weapons. A bigger threat I foresee is when will we know what we buy is real or what is fake? What if this epidemic of saving money for fake crap hits America harder? Like when I go to a auto shop to get my brakes done so I can drive my kids safely around town and that mechanic puts crap fkae brakes made of apple cores and sandpaper in there just to save a buck but puts me and family and everyone else on the road at risk, what about pharmacies and clinics here in the states buying cheap medicine that turns out to be poison and it kills innocent people? It’s scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment