Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Greed es bueno? Que?

GREED IS GOOD? I do not agree with this at all. It has been common knowledge since the beginning of time that greed is not good and greed in essence is evil, take Judas for an example. As Americans I think we are probably the most greed ridden people on the face of the earth. Look at our economy, look at how our money is spent and look what it has done to this earth and its entire people. For example let’s look at meat industry. The meat industry buys up and destroys rain forests to make more room to raise more cattle, and the reason they have to raise so much cattle is because around 60% of all the meat they harvest 40% or more is never sold or is not consumable, yet every year the industry expands and destroys for the all mighty dollar. In the United States alone we have countless industries that prey upon us and we accept it and give to them. Right here in Nevada we had a huge housing boom and houses flew off the shelves like hot cakes, also the same term my father used when I asked him “why do all these other countries have nukes when we basically invented them?” he told me “we sold them like hotcakes”, ok well the housing craze was insane houses were cheap then BAM houses were expensive people who couldn’t even afford to pay rent got houses, and some people bought them as investment properties. People from California were buying houses to rent out here or turn and sell and it was insane. Well we all know what happened and the bottom fell out and slam house prices went higher than ever for insanely small lots and people still bought them. A big source of greed was in the mortgage and loan business. People started getting their loan officer licenses and then using shady practices got banks to approve terrible loans because the borrowing laws were bullshit. But thanks to them we now have better laws I hope will keep people from being so greedy. Right now I‘m actually renting a house that was supposed to be an investment flip but I guess people got smart and decided that the house wasn’t worth the 450,000 the owner wanted and now he can’t sell it and it sat empty for a long time and no one has ever lived in it until we rented it. It’s a really nice house.
If I had to choose a WHACK-A-SOMETHING I would make a Frank Pinto doll. I think he deserves it because of what he said about Used Cars. After the class I went to hang out with my brother and I told him we watched s piece of it in class and he agreed with me that it was a classic and amazing. Then I told him Frank Pinto called it a “Piece of Trash”. I think that deserves a whack. I guess not really but I know he loves the attention. I don’t know what it would look like though.

No comments:

Post a Comment